Connecting Ivanti EPMM to Apple School Manager
Add your Apple School Manager account to Ivanti EPMM on the Apple Device Enrollment page.
You can use a previously created Apple Device Enrollment account for with Apple Education, regardless of whether that Device Enrollment account was originally associated with Apple School Manager. Whatever Apple Device Enrollment account you use must be associated with Apple School Manager so that it successfully retrieves Apple School Manager data. You can associate an Apple Device Enrollment account when you contact Apple to create your Apple School Manager account.
Before you begin
- Make sure you have added your school information to your Apple School Manager account. For details, see Adding school information to your Apple School Manager account.
- Configuring devices in bulk for Apple School Manager
- Log in to your Apple School Manager account.
- Navigate to the MDM Servers page on the Apple School Manager portal.
- Click Add MDM server link on the lower right.
- In the dialog box that opens, enter a name for your Ivanti EPMM server.
- Switch to another browser window, and open the Admin Portal.
- In the Admin Portal, select Devices & Users > Apple Device Enrollment
- Click Add+.
In the Add Account window, click Download Certificate.
A file type called .CRT is downloaded to the file system.
- Switch back to the Apple School Manager portal.
- Under Upload Your Public Key, click Upload File, and browse for the .CRT file you downloaded from Ivanti EPMM.
- Click Save MDM Server.
- The Apple School Manager portal prompts you to download a server token file. Download the server token file.
- In Ivanti EPMM, Devices & Users > Apple Device Enrollment dialog box, click Browse next to the Server Token field.
- Select the .P7M file you downloaded from the Apple School Manager portal.
- Click Open.
Ivanti EPMM displays a summary of the MDM server you added.
Creating an Apple Device Enrollment Profile. If you plan to return to this page, please mark your location or open this link in a new window.