Relinquishing ownership of a device
Applicable to Android devices in Work Profile on Company Owned Device mode.
For Ivanti EPMM 126.96.36.199 and later
When administrators use the Relinquish Ownership option, a warning displays stating that the action has been replaced with Retire. If you need to remove organizational information and apps from devices, use Actions > Retire in the Devices & Users page. Personal data is not lost and the end user can then use the device as a personal device, with full access to all device controls and settings.
After Upgrading to Ivanti EPMM 188.8.131.52
For Work Profile for Company Owned Device mode in Android 11+ devices:
- In Relinquish Pending state - the work profile gets relinquished.
- Selecting Devices & Users > Actions > Android Only > Relinquish Ownership will display a warning message.
- Selecting the Devices & Users > Actions > Retire will remove the work profile (organizational data and apps.) (Previously, in Ivanti EPMM 184.108.40.206 and before, the Retire action would factory reset the device.)
For Work Managed Device mode, Work Managed Device - Non GMS mode, and Managed Device with Work Profile modes in Android 8-10 devices:
The Retire action is only available from the local compliance action in Ivanti EPMM's security policy. Administrators will need to use the Wipe action instead.
For Ivanti EPMM 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168
Relinquishing Ownership of a device in Work Profile on Company Owned Device mode removes the work profile and Retires the device from Ivanti EPMM, without affecting personal apps and data. The end user can then use the device as a personal device, with full access to all device controls and settings.
The device needs to be removed from Google Zero Touch or Knox Mobile Enrollment portal.
You might relinquish ownership of a device if:
- the user left the company
- the user has replaced the device
You may see "Relinquish_Pending" in Advanced search results.
- Go to Devices & Users > Devices.
- Select the device.
- Select Actions > Relinquish Ownership. The Relinquish Ownership dialog box opens.
- Enter any descriptive information into the Note field.
- Select Relinquish Ownership. The device is removed from Ivanti EPMM.