NOTE - Samsung Firmware E-FOTA has been decommissioned: As of August 2022, Samsung discontinued the Samsung E-FOTA service. As a result, upon upgrade to Ivanti EPMM 188.8.131.52, the following occurs:
In Policies > Add New > Android Firmware Policy dialog box, the "Enable Samsung Firmware Policy" field is disabled. Existing policy will not be impacted, but the administrator will need to manually delete the policy.
The Services > Samsung > Samsung Firmware E-FOTA License Management page is disabled; the administrator cannot activate or deactivate an E-FOTA license. If you have an existing E-FOTA license already set up, the Deactivated button is enabled and the administrator will need to manually deactivate the Samsung Firmware E-FOTA License.
For more information on end of life and alternatives, see Samsung Knox EOL article.
Administrators can limit device updates to specific firmware releases using this feature. If the device model and carrier code matches what is defined in the policy, the firmware is applied to the device to which the labels are applied. If the device model and the carrier code matches what is defined in the firmware, the label is applied to the device to which the labels is applied. Administrators can create and apply multiple policies to each device. The policy with the highest priority is applied in case of conflicts between multiple policies.
Before you begin
- Activate your Samsung license
- Verify that effected devices are running Samsung Knox version 2.7.1 and above.
- Log into the Admin Portal.
- Go to Policies & Configs > Policies.
- Select Add New > Android > Firmware policy. The Add Android Firmware Policy dialog box opens.
- Enter a unique name for the policy in the Name field.
- Select a Status.
- Active: to turn on this policy.
- Inactive: to turn off this policy.
- Select Priority then select Higher than or Lower than to select an existing policy from the drop-down list.
This option is only available if there is more than one priority.
- Enter a Description (optional).
- Select the Enable Samsung Firmware Policy check box.
- Select Save.
- Select the policy then select Actions > Apply to Label.
- Select one or more labels.
- Select Apply.