This feature is only supported on macOS devices that have FileVault 2 (FDE) enabled.
When wiping a device, Ivanti EPMM informs the device user of this action via email.
Administrators can wipe the device in Direct Boot mode in all Android Enterprise modes.
- Go to Device & Users > Devices.
- Select the check box for the device to be wiped.
- Select Actions > Wipe.
- Optionally, select one or more of the following options:
- Preserve data plan (iOS 11 and later devices only) - Select this option to retain the data plan on devices running iOS 11, if one exists.
- Skip Proximity Setup (iOS 11.3 and later devices only) - Select this option to skip the proximity setup pane in the iOS Setup Assistant.
Send Notification of wipe to registered user - Select (default) to allow an email / notification to be automatically generated when a Wipe command is sent. The Send Notification of wipe to registered user field is useful for users that have multiple devices. An email / notification will be automatically generated when the Wipe command is sent and prevents confusion to device users who may think Ivanti EPMM is wiping their current, active device De-select the check box to suppress notification when the Wipe command is used.
To customize the email notification, go to System Settings > Settings > Templates > Other. Select the template type Action on Device.
- Select Wipe.