Ivanti Access allows access to enterprise cloud resources based on user and device posture, and whether apps are managed or not. Non-AppConnect managed apps and AppConnect apps are supported. Authentication traffic for managed apps uses Ivanti Tunnel and for AppConnect apps uses AppTunnel. In addition, conditional rules can be configured to allow access for unmanaged applications, as well as, manage access from mobile devices, laptops, and desktops.
Ivanti Access consists of two modes of deployment.
- Ivanti Access
In an Ivanti Access deployment, Access integrates directly with a UEM to get device posture and compliance information from the UEM.
- Ivanti Access + Standalone Sentry
In an Ivanti Access + Standalone Sentry, Access integrates with Standalone Sentry to get device posture and compliance. In this deployment, Ivanti Access has two components:
- The Ivanti Access administrative portal, which is a SaaS service. Federated pair setup and configurations are done in the Ivanti Access administrative portal.
- The Access gateway, which runs on Standalone Sentry, enforces conditional access policies and provides native mobile app single sign-on (SSO).
Ivanti Access in either deployment provides the following features:
- Integration with business cloud service providers (SP).
- Integration with identity providers (IdP). Conditional rules to allow, block, and warn Access.
- Secure access to enterprise cloud based services.
- Federated authentication with SAML or WS-Fed.
- Visibility into users, devices, and apps accessing cloud services.
- Prevention of unauthorized devices and apps from accessing cloud based services.
Unless otherwise noted, Ivanti Access refers to both Ivanti Access and Ivanti Access + Standalone Sentry deployments.
Ivanti Access is available in the Ivanti Access administrative portal or in the Ivanti Neurons for MDM portal. To work with either of these instances, use on of the following options:
- If your Ivanti Access deployment does not integrate with Ivanti Neurons for MDM, then Access features are available in the Ivanti Access administrative portal. For more information, see Working with Ivanti Access administrative portal.
- If your Ivanti Access deployment integrates with Ivanti Neurons for MDM, then the Access features are available in Ivanti Neurons for MDM in the left navigation pane. The Ivanti Neurons for MDM and Ivanti Access tabs are available in one console in Ivanti Neurons for MDM. For more information about this user experience, see Working with Ivanti Access in Ivanti Neurons for MDM administrative portal.
Working with Ivanti Access in Ivanti Neurons for MDM administrative portal
For information on support and compatibility, see the Ivanti Access Release Notes.