Assigning roles to the API user
After you have added an API user, you need to assign MTD-specific roles to it.
Before you begin
Complete Creating a new API user before applying roles.
- From the admin console, go to Users.
- Select the new API user you created previously.
- Click Actions.
- From the User details page, select Assign Roles.
Select the following roles:
- App & Content Management<![CDATA[ ]]>
- App & Content Read Only<![CDATA[ ]]>
- Device Actions<![CDATA[ ]]>
- Device Management
- Device Read Only<![CDATA[ ]]>
- Common Platform Services (CPS)<![CDATA[ ]]>
- System Read Only<![CDATA[ ]]>
- User Read Only
- Click Next.
- If the selected roles are "space bound," then select Spaces for all the space-bound roles.
- Review the summary of the assigned roles.
- Click Done.