Agent Variables tab
At Topology> Agents, you can configure Agents. When editing an Agent, use the Agent Variables tab to configure Variables that deviate from the Global Variables. See Variables.
When configuring a Task, the values of many fields can optionally be replaced with Variables. Similar to parameters, Variables function as placeholders for customer-specific values, such as, for example, server names, passwords or credentials. Different from parameters however, Variables are resolved at the moment of Job execution, rather than at the moment of Job scheduling.
- You can set the default values of Variables at Library > Variables.
- It is not possible to add or edit categories from the Agent Variables tab.
- It is not possible to add new Variables from the Agent Variables tab.
- When editing an Agent Variable, only the value can be set.
- Like the settings on the Agent Settings tab, you can choose for each Agent Variable whether to use Agent-specific values or inherited values. Inherited Agent values are inherited from:
- the primary Team (if available). A primary Team is a Team whose settings can be inherited by each Agent that is a member of this Team and for which the Team has been set as its primary Team. You can set Teams as primary Teams on the Teams tab and at Topology > Teams.
- the Global Variables, if the Agent is not a member of a primary Team.