With the Reschedule option, you can apply an individual Job from the Job History to the same (or different) Agent or Team. This is useful for Jobs that should be repeated with some regularity, such as a query of the disk space available on Agents. Because you can also target other Agents or Teams than the original ones, it is also useful, for example, for trying out a Job on one Agent before executing it on a set of Agents and Teams.
To reschedule a Job:
- At Jobs > Job History (or Jobs > Scheduling > Recent Activity), select Reschedule from for the relevant Job.
- In the Reschedule Tasks pane, select the relevant Tasks that should be rescheduled (only for Modules and Projects). Use the selection box at the Type column to select all Tasks at once. Use the filters to limit the selection on (partly) completed, skipped or failed Tasks or specific Tasks for rebooting and shutdown the computer. Click Save to Module to create a new Module with the selected Tasks.
- Provide the necessary scheduling information:
- Depending on the input settings, new input will be requested for any parameters used in a rescheduled Job.
- If you made changed to Agents or Tasks after the Job was scheduled, click Reload Jobs/Agents to update the changes.
- Select Schedule.
- A rescheduled Job that uses a Resource will use the current version of that Resource. If the Resource was edited after the original execution of the Job, the rescheduled Job will use the edited version.
- Conditions are re-evaluated when a Job is rescheduled.
Besides rescheduling a Job, you can also reapply the Job history of an Agent or Team to another Agent or Team from the Topology section in the Console.