At Projects, you can configure Projects. By combining several Modules into one Project, the Modules in the Project can be scheduled as one Job instead of a series of separate Jobs. A Project is therefore ideal for combinations of Modules that you need to perform often.
When viewing, specifying, changing or duplicating the configuration details of a Project, the same Project Details page opens.
- At Projects > click New.
- At Projects, click an existing Project to view the details.
- At Projects, click an existing Project, change the configuration and click Save.
- At Projects, click an existing Project, select Duplicate from the Project Details. See also Duplicate a (Module in a) Project.
- Use the Properties tab to specify a name and an optional description for the Project.
- When you disable a Module in a Project, the Module will only be disabled for the Project and not globally.
- The Project Name is the name that is displayed in the Projects overview.
- The Project Description is only shown in the list view. In the Description field, you can create hyperlinks (http:// https:// file://) when in edit mode (click ). The users can directly browse to these hyperlinks from the Management Portal when in read only mode (click ).
- In the Folder field you can optionally specify in which folder (and subfolder) the Project is grouped.
- Use the Modules tab to have an overview of the Modules in the Project. From here, you can add, duplicate, edit and delete one or more Modules. Modules are containers for the Tasks that you can execute on Agents. Modules hold information about how these Tasks should be executed, such as Task settings, order of execution of Tasks, parameters and conditions.
- To change the order of execution of Modules in the Project, select a Module and use the Arrow buttons. Likewise, use the arrow buttons to move any separators up or down the list of Modules.
- To create sets of Jobs, add a separator to have a visual aid to enhance readability in Projects that contain many Modules; they do not affect the execution order of Modules.
- Conditional: whether (true) or not (false) conditions are applied to this Project. Conditions determine whether a Job should be executed, skipped or failed.
- To view or set conditions on a Module:
- Click the icon ( or ) in the Conditional column or select Condition from the for the relevant Module. See also Conditions.
Current Resulting Tasks tab
- Use the Current Resulting Tasks tab to view the combination of all Tasks of all Modules in the Project. it is not possible (yet) to open a Task's configuration (in read-only).
- Use the Parameters tab to have an overview of the Module parameters in the Project.
- Parameters: when you combine multiple Modules into a Project, you can link any Module parameters in these Modules to corresponding Project parameters. With a linked Project parameter, input is requested only once. From here, you can add, delete, rearrange, autocreate and cleanup your Project parameters. See also Parameters.
- Links: when linking a Project parameter to a Module parameter, you can specify which action should be performed at the input moment to determine the value of a parameter.
- Use the Usage tab to view in which Run Book(s) and/or Team(s) the Project is used. The Team is only shown if it uses the Project for Automatic Job Scheduling.
Job History tab
- Use the Job History tab to view details of Jobs in which the Project was used.
- Use the Filter to limit the results on status, date (range) and Job invoker.
- Use the Versioning tab to view a list of changes made to the Project, including all known versions of the Project. See Version Control.
- Click the expand () button to view the details of the change grouped by date.
- Click the browse () button from the Current Version field to change the version number manually.
- Use the Permissions tab to view the level of access that Console users have to the Project.
- Use the option Do not allow this Project to be scheduled programmatically to allow the Project from being invoked via the Console only. When selected, it will no longer be possible to invoke the Project:
- During unattended installations of an Agent (by applying properties to its MSI).
- Via the Prepare for Image functionality.
- Via Ivanti Workspace.