Upgrade from RES ONE Automation 2015
Before you upgrade to RES ONE Automation 10.2 or 10.2.100, make sure to meet the prerequisites.
- No database activity will be possible during the upgrade, because all Consoles and Dispatchers will be taken offline until the upgrade has been completed. We recommend to perform the upgrade at a quiet period.
- If you cancel the upgrade process, your environment will remain offline until the upgrade has been completed.
- When you upgrade, existing Add-ons will not be upgraded. They will not be removed, but Help will no longer be available. To upgrade these Add-ons, download the required RES ONE Connectors (formerly known as Automation Packs) from the Ivanti Marketplace, and install them manually. This requires Modify access on the Add-ons node in the Console.
Make sure Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Full version) or newer is installed on all computers on which you want to deploy a Dispatcher.
Make sure Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 or newer is installed on all computers on which you want to deploy Agent+.
- Run the RES ONE Automation Upgrade Pack (or select RES ONE Automation Upgrade Pack from the RES ONE Automation Installer) on the computer from which you want to upgrade. This computer must be running a Console or Dispatcher.
- If the computers that run the Dispatchers do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Full version) or higher and Microsoft Windows 7 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher installed and you continue the upgrade, the Dispatcher(s) will not be able to upgrade and are removed from those computers. To fix this, install the correct framework and deploy the Dispatcher(s) manually. The Upgrade Pack will show a list of Dispatchers that do not meet the requirements and are not be able to upgrade.
- Each Dispatcher needs to run a database driver that makes it possible to connect to the Datastore. If not, the upgrade will continue, but you will be notified to install the relevant database driver afterwards.
- Existing Agents will not be converted to Agents+ automatically.
- Follow the steps of the Wizard.
- During the upgrade process, all Consoles and Dispatchers will be taken offline. When the upgrade has completed:
- All Consoles and Dispatchers will come online again and are upgraded immediately.
- Agents will upgrade automatically when they connect to an upgraded Dispatcher if the Auto Update Agent setting is enabled. After that the Agent service will restart. Agents restart in turn, depending on the availability of a Dispatcher.
- The node Administration > Components shows two versions of the Dispatcher and Agent+ MSI file: a 64-bit version and a 32-bit version. When you deploy a new Dispatcher or Agent+, RES ONE Automation will automatically use the correct MSI file, depending on the Operating System of the target computer.
In the Console, you can check the current version of Consoles, Dispatchers and Agents in the Version column of the Consoles, Dispatchers and Agents nodes.