After creating the Datastore, the configuration wizard will automatically start and guide you through setting up a basic configuration in Workspace Control in a few easy steps.
When setting up a new Workspace Control site you have the choice to create scenarios and features for either Evaluation or Production purposes. When you choose Evaluation, the Configuration Wizard will set the options to create example objects for selected features. For Production purposes, these options will not be set.
Configuration for a new Workspace Control site
- When starting the configuration wizard, an introductory window will be shown welcoming you to the configuration wizard. You can either choose to view the online tutorial to be informed about the concept of workspace management or click Next if you already know our product.
- You will be asked to select the type of Workspace Control site you wish to create.
- Select one or more Workspace Containers to create. Workspace Containers are logical groups of Agents (for instance, physical or virtual desktops, laptops or remote desktop servers). At least one Workspace Container must be selected. Besides the Workspace Containers you selected, a Workspace Container "Unmanaged desktops" will be created, with all features disabled. The settings for the other Workspace Containers will be determined in the next steps of the wizard. If you want to know more about Workspace Containers click View tutorial or click Next.
- Select the features you want to start using. Depending on the module(s) you selected when creating the Datastore, more or less features may be available. Use Ctrl + A to (de)select all features. These features will be configured per Workspace Container. Click Next.
- Specify the settings for each feature you selected in step 4. Most features can be enabled or disabled by selecting the relevant check box under the Workspace Container heading. If you want to create example objects for the feature you enabled, select the check box Create example objects. Example objects are disabled by default when they are created. If you want more information about a specific feature (for example, Workspace performance or Application Management), click View tutorial. After you have specified the settings per feature, click Next.
- Additionally, the following example objects (besides the example objects you selected with the feature selection) can be selected:
- Managed Applications
- Settings executed at the start of a user session
- An Administrative Role "Helpdesk"
- Location-based printing
- Your site configuration settings are shown in a summary. If you want to change any of the settings click Back; if you agree with the settings, click Next.
- The configuration process will start, showing status and result information.
- In the final step, you will see that the configuration has been completed and an Action list is shown, stating the items you still have to configure manually. The Action list must be saved or copied on the clipboard. You can use the Action List afterwards as a reminder of the items you still have to configure. Click Finish.
After closing the configuration wizard, you will return to the top node in the Console: the Navigation map.
If you click Cancel during any of the steps of the configuration wizard, the wizard will exit without changing anything in the configuration of the site. The next time the Console is started, the configuration wizard will start up automatically, as long as no configuration items have been saved.
Running the Configuration Wizard in an existing site can be used to create example objects. See Configuration Wizard for existing Workspace Control site.