The CAM Agent is a collection of components that gather information from Windows computers on your network.
The CAM Agent is made up of the following functional components:
- Inventory: Gathers hardware and software inventory data from machines with the CAM Agent installed on them.
- Metering: Gathers application usage information from machines with the CAM Agent installed on them.
- If you are licensed to use only certain features in Cherwell Asset Management, the component(s) you are not licensed to use are still installed, but are not functional until you upgrade your license.
- An agent is not installed or used by the Linux/Unix/Mac OS discovery process.
- It is recommended that you use the current version of the agent software. Pre-10.0 versions of the CAM Agent are not supported.