License Unit Template Software Categories Tab
You can create new, edit existing, or delete existing groups and categories.
To create a new software category group:
- Click New, then select Group.
- Enter the name for the group. Once you create a new software category group, you can create categories to which you can add license units; this is described next.
To create a new software category:
- Click New, then select Category.
- Enter a name for the category and select OK.
To change the name of a software category or group:
- Select the item you want to change from the list and select Change.
- Enter the new name for the category or group in the Change Software Category Group dialog box
and select OK.
When you rename a software category or group, the new name appears in Cherwell Asset Management, but the original names in the Cherwell Software Identification Database (CSID) are unchanged.
To delete a user-created category or group:
- Select a category or group and select
If the category you want to delete contains license units, you are prompted to confirm the operation. Any license units that were in that category still exist, but are not part of any category.
- Click OK.