How to Install or Update the CAM Agent to Multiple Machines by IP Address
You can easily install or update the CAM Agent on multiple machines using their IP addresses.
This procedure applies to Windows machines only.
To install or update the CAM Agent on multiple machines by IP address:
- Select .
- In the Install Agent to Multiple IP Addresses dialog box, enter the
IP address subnet in the boxes at the bottom of the dialog box. (The fourth box
acts as a wildcard, so that all IP addresses in the specified subnet are shown
when you select
In most cases, you should keep the Perform DNS lookup check box checked, so you can see a list of IP addresses with their associated machine names for machines that respond to an IP address inquiry. If you uncheck this check box, only the IP addresses are shown.
- Click Display.
- Select the machines on which to install the CAM Agent.
- Click Install.
- In the Install/Update CAM Agent dialog box, specify the access point to which these machines should report.
- If you are updating the CAM Agent, select the Overwrite existing installations check box. In most other cases, keep the Overwrite existing installations check box unchecked.
- Enter login credentials required to install the agent: the full user name, password, and domain or machine.
- If the machine communicates through a proxy server, select the Save proxy settings to agent machine check box, and complete the related options.
- Click Install.
- The process for updating the CAM Agent is generally the same as installing it for the first time. The main difference is that when updating, you should check the Overwrite existing installations option.
- Consider enabling machines to use the self-upgrade feature.