How to Contribute to the CSID
You can search for applications not currently included in the Cherwell Software Identification Database (CSID), and send them to Cherwell Software for possible future inclusion in the CSID.
You cannot directly change your local copy of the CSID. You can run the CAM AppScanner utility to search for applications not already included in the CSID, to be considered for possible inclusion in future versions of the CSID. The CAM AppScanner collects information about application files on a selected machine in order to find applications that do not yet exist in the CSID, and either sends the resulting file to Cherwell Software's CSID team via HTTPS, or saves the file so that you can manually send it later.
To scan for applications:
- Right-click the machine you want to scan and select Contribute to the CSID. (Alternatively, you can select Contribute to the CSID from the Machines menu.)
- In the Contribute to the CSID dialog box, enter your contact information in the Administrator's information area: your name, company name, and an email address where you can be contacted.
- Optional: Enter any comments, such as a particular application you'd like to see added to the CSID, in the Comments text box.
- To immediately send the file to
via HTTPS , leave the
Send application scan file later (manually) check box
To manually send the file later, check this box. The application scan file is saved to the CAM Administration Service machine. Each application scan file has a unique name, and you can send the application scan file(s) you generate to [email protected].
- In the Credentials area of the dialog box, enter a user name, associated password, and name of the machine or its domain. These credentials must be valid for the selected machine.
- Select Start to run the CAM AppScanner. The status bar informs you when the scan completes.