How to Install or Update the CAM Agent to Machines Listed in the Machines Panel
If you already have machines listed in the Machines panel, you can install or update the CAM Agent from the context-sensitive menu.
This procedure applies to Windows machines only.
To install or update theCAM Agent from the Machines panel:
- In the Machines panel, select the machine or machines on which you want to install the agent.
- Right-click and select Install/Update CAM Agent.
- In the dialog box, select which CAM Access Point these agents should report to from the drop-down list.
- If you are updating the CAM Agent, select the Overwrite existing installations check box. Otherwise, keep the Overwrite existing installations check box unchecked.
- Enter the appropriate credentials for installing the agent: the full user name, password, and domain or machine.
- If the machine communicates through a proxy server, mark the Save proxy settings to agent machine box, and complete the related options.
- Click Install.
The status bar at the bottom right of the window will display a message when the process is complete. Click F5 to refresh the Machines panel.
- If you are updating the CAM Agent, you can sort machines based on the version of the agent software installed by selecting the Install Status column in the Machines panel.
- Consider enabling machines to use the self-upgrade feature.