Retail and OEM Software Contracts
Purchasing includes predefined Microsoft contracts for retail and OEM purchases (purchases through a retail or OEM channel).
To describe the acquisition of a copy of OEM Windows software delivered with a desktop or laptop:
- Launch Purchasing.
- Create or edit an order.
- Add a software line item describing the software, and associate it with the predefined OEM contract.
- Search for the contract.
For a new Purchasing installation, there will be only two contracts available: Retail and OEM.
- Select Select next to the OEM contract to associate the Windows purchase to its governing use rights (OEM).
- Select Search to the right of the Reconcile to label. If you enter the pattern "*windows*7*", a list of titles is shown.
- Select Select next to the one that applies.
- Enter the quantity purchased (1) and select Save. You have entered a purchase for a single copy of OEM Windows.
The process is analogous to entering Microsoft Retail channel purchases; just choose a different contract.