How to Enter an Order
Entering a new order is generally the first step in adding purchasing information.
To enter an order:
- From the CAM Purchasing console, select Orders.
- Select All Orders in the left pane, then select Add purchase or Add lease.
- Complete the fields;
Order Date and
Order Number are required.
Your user name and domain are shown in the Created By field at the bottom, which can be useful when viewing order history later.
- If Purchasing user policies are enabled or you use CSM authentication, the Access Profile field is also required. Select an Access Profile from the list.
- Optional: If you want this order to reference another document, such
as a file that explains or authorizes the purchase, do one of the following:
- Click Upload New and select the document. We recommend uploading documents instead of linking to them, because you can see the document.
- Click Add Linked and select the document.
- Click Browse Existing to find a document that you've already uploaded or linked.
- Click Save. The screen updates so that you can enter information about what the order includes (the line items). Proceed to How to Add Line Items to an Order.