How to Assign Hardware Maintenance to a Single Existing Hardware Item
When you purchase a hardware item, you often also purchase a maintenance agreement for that item. Purchasing allows you to track those maintenance purchases. You can track maintenance by itself, or associate maintenance with a hardware purchase record that already exists. It's best to enter maintenance information when you enter the order for the item itself, but there may be times when you need to enter maintenance information for an existing item; for example, if you don't have the original purchase.
To assign hardware maintenance to an single existing hardware item:
- From the CAM Purchasing console, select Orders.
- Find the order and select
You can also Search for an order.
- At the bottom of the Order screen, select Add hardware maintenance.
- In the Hardware Maintenance Details, fill in the Name field, then select the appropriate icon (there's one for maintained hardware and another for maintained line items).
- Find the appropriate item by searching for it by serial number, or leave the Serial Number field blank to see all records. Click Search.
- In the resulting list, select the Select link that's next to the appropriate hardware item, then select Save.
- In Hardware Maintenance Details screen, fill in any additional information, then select Save.
Once saved, select Hardware Maintenance in the left pane to view and edit hardware maintenance for this item in the Line Items panel.