Preparing Purchasing for Importing Purchasing Data
Once you've prepared CAM Administrator, prepare Purchasing to import purchasing data by completing the following steps:
custom order fields
- Order fields represent the data at the highest level of an order, such as the order number, order date, etc..
- View Purchasing's Order screen by selecting the Orders tab, then selecting Add purchase or Add lease.
- If your spreadsheet includes a data field that you want to import but doesn't map to the default order fields on this screen, create a custom order field to map this data.
custom line item fields
- Line Item fields represent data at the line item level of an order (i.e., the contents of an order).
- View the various Line Items screens by selecting the Line Items tab, and then selecting categories from the left pane.
- If your spreadsheet includes data that you want to capture at the line item level but it doesn't map to a default line item field in Purchasing, create a custom line item field to map this data.
- Create custom
- Hardware types represent the type of hardware that will be imported.
- To view the default hardware types, select the Preferences tab, then select Hardware Types in the left pane.
- When importing hardware information, your spreadsheet must include a hardware type column, and it must match one of the types listed in the Hardware Types section of the Preferences panel; the exception is Computer as an allowed hardware type, which is not in the Preferences panel.
- Create custom
- To view the default status types, select the Preferences tab and
Status Types in the left pane.
Status types are not required for importing data.
- To view the default status types, select the Preferences tab and then select Status Types in the left pane.
Once you've completed these items, proceed to the next step: Prepare Your Spreadsheet.