Configure User Task Pane and Search Control Settings
Use the Task Pane and Search page in the CSM Options window to configure which default items appear in the Task Pane and which Search Control is used on the menu bar.
To configure User Task Pane and Search Control settings:
- From the menu bar, select Tools>Options.
- Click the Task Pane and Search page.
- Configure Task Pane settings:
- View or hide sections.
- Add new sections.
- Configure sections (only applicable to new sections).
- Delete sections (only applicable to new sections).
- Organize sections.
- Check or uncheck the corresponding check box to view or hide the following sections in the Task Pane:
- Quick Search
- Common Tasks
- Process and Terminology
- Customer Information
- Add items to the Task Pane (if not using the Default Task Pane Setup):
- Uncheck Default Task Pane Setup check box.
- Click Add to open the Task Pane Section window.
- Specify a name for the Task pane section.
- Click Add to open the Action Manager.
- Select the items you want to appear in the Task Pane (example: Calendars).
- Customize the CSM Search Control in the menu bar Search Options:
- Use Default: Use the Default Search Menu Search Widget, which allows Users to run a Quick Search on multiple Business Objects simultaneously (example: Knowledge Article and Change Request). Users can also select a Business Object in the drop-down to search one item at a time (Specific Search).
- Use Search Widget: Click the Ellipses button to open the Widget Manager and select an existing Search Widget or create your own.
- No Menu Bar Search: Remove the option to search from the menu bar.