Tour the CSM Browser Client
The Browser Client provides access to CSM through a web browser. Each user has a personal interface that is controlled by login Role and security rights. For example, the default dashboard (displayed in the main pane upon log in or by clicking the Home button) might display real-time Incidents, Twitter feeds, or metrics for a team.
Browser Client features include:
- Record Logging: Log and manage records (Incident, Problem, Change, Customer, etc.).
- Searching: Run Quick Searches or saved searches to efficiently and thoroughly search and filter CSM data. You can locate one record or a set of records.
- One-Step Actions: Run One-Step Actions to initiate one or more defined Actions, automating common or repetitive tasks.
- Email: Define and send messages to a single recipient or a group of recipients using comprehensive email functionality.
- Dashboards and Widgets: Use dashboards to view critical metrics, analyze and predict trends, drill down into data, execute Actions, or display a collection of information that might be relevant to a group of users.
- Reporting: Use a host of powerful reporting tools (defined Reports and report writing tools, saved searches, dashboards/widgets, and visualizations) to gather and measure data, analyze metrics, and predict trends.
- Visualizations: View visualizations to see the relationships between records in a variety of layouts.
- Calendars: View calendars to keep track of ongoing or upcoming tasks.
- Tools: Access the Contact Manager, Table Management, and CMDB.
- Additional Features: Access HTML pages, Knowledge Articles, and queues.