Change Management mApp® Solution Workflows
CSM offers three workflows based on Change types.
- Standard - Does not require review.
- Normal - Requires review but is not urgent.
- Emergency - Requires review and is urgent.
A Change typically has several contributors. Depending on your workflow and the size of your company, many of these contributors may have combined roles:
- Creator: User who first logs the Change. This is typically a technician.
- Requestor: User who requests the Change. This is typically an IT manager.
- Owner: User who manages the Change. This is typically a change manager.
- Approver: User who ensures that the Change should be implemented. This is typically one or more members of the CAB Team. Standard Changes do not require an approval.
Which Workflow Should I Use?
Use the following flowchart to determine which type of Change workflow to follow.
Standard Change Workflow
This is a high-level workflow for Standard Changes. See Create a Standard Change Request for more detail.
Normal Change Workflow
This is a high-level workflow for Normal Changes. See Create a Normal Change Request for more detail.
Emergency Change Workflow
This is a high-level workflow for Emergency Changes. See Create an Emergency Change Request for more detail.