Orchestration Pack for Microsoft Exchange 1.0
The Orchestration Pack for Microsoft Exchange mApp® Solution provides functionality that allows users and automation processes in CSM to execute activities and commands in external systems that are typically done manually.
This is a Cherwell Labs mApp Solution. Functionality, testing, and documentation are limited or incomplete. Cherwell support is not provided for this mApp Solution, so install it at your own risk on a test environment before installing it on a production system.
Platform Version Requirements: Tested on CSM 8.0.0
Out-of-the-Box Content Version Requirements: Tested on CSM 8.0.0
This mApp Solution includes multiple features including One-Step Actions that support the following commands: Get Mailbox Info, Get Mailbox Statistics, Get Mail User, Disable Mailbox, Disable Mail User, and Enable Mail User.
For SaaS Customers, the provided One-Step Actions do not work with the Automation Process Service unless the Automation Process Service is installed locally.
The table below shows:
- Runbook: The name of the runbook. This is what the Users see in the Menu Bar or Task Pane.
- Business Object Associates: These are the CSM Business Objects that the runbooks can be initiated from.
|Runbook||Business Object Associations|
|Get Mail User||Customer, Incident|
|Get Mailbox Info||Customer, Incident|
|Get Mailbox Statistics||Customer, Incident|
|Disable Mailbox||Customer, Incident|
|Disable Mailbox||Customer, Incident|
|Enable Mailbox||Customer, Incident|
|Disable Mail User||Customer, Incident|
|Enable Mail User||Customer, Incident|
Due to the power and potentially damaging results of running some of these PowerShell runbooks, these runbooks can only be run via the CSM Desktop Client. The commands cannot be run from the Browser Client because of security restrictions with browser access to the file system and server scripts.
How the mApp Solution Works
CSM provides the Active Directory Orchestration Pack as a mApp Solution so that Users can easily incorporate Active Directory runbooks into their existing CSM system. Download the mApp Solution from the Cherwell mApp Exchange. Use the Apply mApp wizard to apply the mApp Solution to your CSM system. The Apply mApp wizard generates a Blueprint, which can then be viewed and published to a test or Live system to commit the changes.
The mApp Solution includes the following items:
|Item Category||Item||Typical Merge Action|
|Journal - Integrations Audit||Import|
|Customer, Customer - Internal, Incident||Don't Change|
|Image Definitions||Windows 128x128, Windows 32x32, Windows 64x64||Import|
|One-Step Action||Customer-Disable Mail User, Customer-Disable Mailbox, Customer-Enable Mail User, Customer-Enable Mailbox, Customer-Get Mail User, Customer - Get Mailbox Info, Customer - Get Mailbox Statistics, Incident-Disable Mailbox, Incident-Disable MailUser, Incident-Enable Mailbox, Incident-Enable MailUser, Incident-Get Mailbox Info, Incident-Get Mailbox Statistics, Incident-Get User, Master-Disable Mailbox, Master - Disable MailUser, Master-Enable Mailbox, Master-Enable MailUser, Master-Get Mailbox Info, Master-Get Mailbox Statistics, Master-Get User, Set MailServer||Import|
|Stored Values||OP Exchange Mailserver, OP Exchange Parameter, OP Exchange Parameter Options, OP Exchange Result Details, OP Exchange Run Results, OP Exchange Version||Import|
|Stored Expressions||EX Ran Successfully||Import|
- Import: Add new item.
- Overwrite: Replace target item.
- Merge: Merge differences.
- Don't Change: Referenced by the mApp Solution, but not altered in any way. The mApp Solution includes the definition for informational purposes only (the definition is not imported into the target system).
Steps to Configure the mApp Solution
To apply the mApp Solution, perform the following high-level steps:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM.
- Configure the Exchange Accelerator Pack.