Slack Integration mApp Solution 1.0
Use the Slack Integration mApp® Solution to integrate Slack with CSM.
Platform version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.0.0 — 10.2.0
Content version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.0.0 — 10.2.0; this mApp Solution may or may not be compatible with content versions earlier than CSM 10.1.0, but as with all mApp Solutions, be sure to test it on your customized system.
- A publicly accessible web server running a version of CSM that includes the Slack Integration features. To verify this, launch the Webhooks Manager, create a new webhook, and verify the Provider Type Slack appears in the drop-down list. For more information, see Configure a Slack Workspace for Webhooks.
- Administrator rights to a Slack workspace.
- Cherwell Service Host installed and configured to run the System Event Processing Service.
Using the Slack Integration mApp Solution, users can integrate Slack with CSM. Slack's bot user performs a variety of functions in CSM. Some examples include:
- Create Incidents
- Check the status of Incidents
- Close Incidents
Apply the mApp Solution
Follow these steps to download, apply, and configure the mApp Solution:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM.
For a list of items included in the mApp Solution, see Slack Integration mApp Solution Items.
Use the mApp Solution
Follow these steps to use the mApp Solution:
Create, check status, or close an Incident from Slack.
|mApp Version||Platform Version Requirements||Content Version Requirements||Prerequisites|
|1.0||Tested on 10.0.0 — 10.2.0||Tested on 10.0.0 — 10.2.0; this mApp Solution may or may not be compatible with content versions earlier than 10.1.0, but as with all mApp Solutions, be sure to test it on your customized system.||