Agreements Good to Know
Good to know:
- Search for one or more Agreements that meet a specific criteria by running a Quick Search or Saved Search.
- Create a new Operational Level Agreement by clicking New>New Agreement>New OLA on the CSM Desktop Client toolbar, or by clicking File>New>New Agreement>New OLA from the CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client menu bar.
- Create a new Underpinning Contract by clicking New>New Agreement>New Underpinning Contract on the CSM Desktop Client toolbar, or by clicking File>New>New Agreement>New Underpinning Contract from the CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client menu bar.
Operational Level Agreements are Agreements with an internal Supplier. Underpinning Contracts are Agreements with an external Supplier. The steps in this document can be used to create either an OLA or a UC.
- When on a record, you can send an e-mail directly to the current Supplier by clicking the Supplier's e-mail address in the Default Form.
- The Supplier tab contains the Supplier's full record as it is seen in the Supplier Selector.
- Journals track what occurs during the record's lifecycle (example: Notes to track progress or comments). View or add Journals by clicking the Journals tab in the record's Arrangement. The Journals associated with Agreements track Owner notes/comments.
- Attachments supplement records by providing additional details in the form of linked/imported files (.pdf, .doc, etc.), images, web pages, and Document Repositories. View and manage Attachments using the Attachment button and Attachments bar.
- The Status in the Default Form indicates the current phase of the Agreement as it moves through its workflow.
- Press TAB to move to the next field on the form.
- The Description field is a Rich Text field. To format the text or embed an image, click the Zoom button .
- The OOTB system implements several Actions/One-Step™ Actions to make creating Operational Level Agreements and Underpinning Contracts more efficient. For more information about Actions and One-Step™ Actions, refer to the Actions/One-Step™ Actions documentation.
A full list of One-Step™ Actions and Fields is beyond the scope of this document. Export a schema document from CSM Administrator (Create a Blueprint>Tools>Export Schema) to view a full list of One-Step Actions or Fields associated with a particular type of Business Object (example: Major).