Workflow for Configuring Users for Directory Services
The process to configure users in CSM to integrate with Directory Services differs slightly from configuring customers. Complete the steps for configuring CSM Directory Services settings before configuring users.
To configure users:
- Map Directory Service groups to CSM security groups.
- Order Directory Service groups.
- Enable authentication for users.
- Import users:
- If groups are mapped, the account is created when users log in to Cherwell using their Active Directory/LDAP credentials.
- If groups are not mapped, or the users are entered manually, accounts are imported using the User Manager in CSM Desktop Client.