Convert to a Group Business Object
Share a set of common items (Fields, Relationships, Actions, and a default Grid) with other Business Objects by converting any Major or Supporting Business Object into a Group Object.
Convert a Business Object to a Group Object from a Blueprint or from a mApp Solution.
After the conversion:
- The converted Business Object becomes a Group Member of a newly created Group Object.
- All relevant properties of the converted Business Object are applied to the Group Leader. This includes items such as Fields, stored Expressions, and Relationships.
- Security settings for the converted Business Object, including rights, are applied to the newly created Group Leader. You may receive warnings about security changes when you publish the Blueprint. You can ignore these warnings.
- All existing records in the converted Business Object are associated with the new Group Member.
- The newly created Group Leader is given the name of the converted Business Object and a new Business Object ID. "Default" is appended to the name of the converted Business Object, which retains its Business Object ID. You can change these default names as needed.
Converting a Business Object to a Group Object
Before you convert, modify the security rights for the Business Object you plan to convert so that all records, even closed records, can be updated. If you do not, you will receive a warning indicating that some records could not be converted due to an issue with security rights.
To convert a Business Object to a Group Object:
- Create a Blueprint or mApp Solution.
- Open a Business Object in the Object Manager.
- Select the Major Business Object or Supporting Business Object that you want to convert.
- Verify that the Business Object you want to convert includes the items you want to be inherited by Group Members.
- From the tasks pane, select Convert to Group Object.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to convert the Business Object.