Fields Good to Know
Use these tips for helpful information on fields.
- Use the Business Object Editor (accessed from within a Blueprint in CSM Administrator) to define and edit the various aspects of a field. In the Business Object Editor, you can:
- Create, edit, or delete fields for a Business Object.
- Access the Field Properties window, where you can define and edit properties for a field.
- Fields in major Business Objects can be encrypted to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information (example: identity information, financial data). For more information, see Configuring Field Encryption.
- Business Objects and their associated fields, relationships, forms, grids, and form arrangements are created, edited, and deleted within a Blueprint. To commit changes to your system, you must publish the Blueprint. For more information, see Publish a Blueprint.
- Security rights control access to Business Object data and are configured in the Security Group Manager in CSM Administrator (Security > Edit Security Groups). For more information, see Security rights and Define Business Object Rights.