Blueprints affect system definitions and are created and managed from within CSM Administrator. Access Blueprints and Blueprint functionality from the CSM Administrator Blueprint page.
Use a Blueprint to:
- Manage System Objects: Create, edit, and delete Business Objects, Fields, Forms, Grids, and Relationships.
- Manage Business Object Data: Create, edit, and delete data from Supporting Objects and Lookup Objects using the Data Editor.
- Manage CSM Items at a system level: Create, edit, and delete various CSM Items (example: Dashboards, Search Groups, etc.) using the CSM Item Managers in a Blueprint. Managing and storing CSM Item definitions at a Blueprint level (and in a Blueprint scope) keeps them extremely secure (only administrators can access them).
- Access the following Blueprint tools/functionality:
- Configure Directory Services integrations: Configure the integration between CSM and various Directory Services (example: Active Directory, LDAP, etc.).
- Export a Blueprint Schema: A Blueprint Schema is a collection of meta-data that is exported from your system as a single document (.html, .rtf, .txt, or .xml) to textually expose your Business Object definitions and database structure.
- View the Blueprint Publish Log: A Blueprint Publish Log contains detailed information about Blueprints published to your system.
- Define global database settings: Global database settings include timeout values, foreign keys, Transaction Log settings, and Form/Grid display settings.