Use Solution Search for Internal Solutions
Technicians use the Solution Search tab in the CSM Browser Client to run a search for an existing solution to an issue without leaving the current record.
To run an internal solution search:
- In CSM Browser Client, open an existing record.
- Select the Solution Search tab in the Related Items pane. If you do not see this tab or you see a message within the tab to contact your system administrator, it has not yet been configured for use.
- Select the Internal tab. This tab displays internal Knowledge sources and search results.
- By default, none of the Sources check boxes (examples: Known Errors, Open Incidents, Knowledge Articles) are selected and all matching sources display in the search results. The sources available will vary depending on how they were configured to display by your Administrator.
To filter the search results, select one or more Sources check boxes. The search results filter to display only your selection(s).
- Enter your search term(s) in the Search field.
When using the Search field, the most recent searches that have been run against the current record will display in a list below the field, with the most recent searches at the top of the list. This allows a technician to easily see or select terms that have already been searched for the current record.
- Select Search to run your search. When you execute a search, a Journal entry is logged in the Activity pane.
The search results display matching Knowledge sources sorted by relevancy.
- Select a search result link or select an option in the vertical ellipsis Action Menu to the right of the link. The search results display is limited to three rows maximum.
To see any additional fields configured for view, select the link for the search result. All of the fields configured for view will display.
To perform an Action, select an option in the vertical ellipsis Action Menu to the right of the link. If no Actions were configured for the Knowledge source, this menu will not appear.
Depending on your specific configuration, any of the following Actions may be available in the vertical ellipses Action Menu.
Action Description Open in New Tab Select to open the Knowledge source in a new tab in the browser. Copy Link Select to copy the link to the Knowledge source to the clipboard. Share with Customer Select to open an email to the customer with fields populated based on the Knowledge source. If the Communication tab in the Related Item Navigator is configured, the email will open in the Communication tab. Otherwise, the E-mail window opens. Save Result / Remove Saved Result Select Save Result to save the Knowledge source to the Saved tab. A Journal record is created stating that the Knowledge source was saved.
Select Remove Saved Result to remove the Knowledge source from the Saved tab. A Journal record is created stating that the Knowledge source was removed from saved.
Use as Solution / Remove from Solution Select Use as Solution to save the Knowledge source to the Solution tab. A Journal record is created stating that the Knowledge source was used as a solution.
Select Remove from Solution to remove the Knowledge source from the Solution tab. A Journal record is created stating that the Knowledge source was removed from solution.
Run (One-Step Action) Select to run the One-Step Action that has been configured for the solution. See Solution Search Properties.
This option is only available if the Knowledge source is being used as a solution.