Show Lifecycle Data in a Field
There may be occasions when you need to show lifecycle data in a field (example: when interacting with a third party API).
To show lifecycle data in a field, there must be a lifecycle associated with the Business Object and then you need to create a calculated field.
To create a calculated field for lifecycle data:
- Create a Blueprint.
- Open the Business Object Editor.
- Select to add a new field.
The Field Properties window opens.
- Select the Advanced page and clear the Stored in Database check box.
- Select the Properties page and select the Read-only check box.
The Always read-only option is then selected by default.
- Select the Properties page and then select the Calculated value check box.
- Select the down arrow to expand the Calculated value section and select the Expression option.
- Select Custom Expression .
The Custom Expression dialog opens.
- Select the down arrow and then select a lifecycle token (example: Stage) from the Token Selector to use in your expression.
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.