Clone a Content Item
Use the Content Manager to clone a content item and save time.
Cloning creates a duplicate of an item with the same scope and association.
Good to Know
- You need Add and Edit rights for a manager item in order to be able to see the Clone action on the menu.
- If you don't have Other Add and Other Edit rights for a manager item in Other Scope, you can't see the Clone action on the menu. See Managing Security Groups.
To clone a content item:
- Use search in the Content Manager to locate the content item you want to clone.
- Select the item, right-click, and then select Clone from the Action menu.
- Enter a name for your cloned item, and then select OK.
Your cloned item appears in the list along with a green dot showing that it is new since the active Blueprint was last saved.
The Date Modified for your cloned item is shown as a pending date of 01/01/0001 until the Blueprint has been published. It then updates to the actual date that you cloned the item.