Configure a Global Email Account
When configuring an email account, you can add or delete an account, edit or copy an existing account, designate a default account for sending emails from within CSM, and find dependencies.
Use the Accounts page in the E-mail Options window to set up global email accounts.
To configure a global email account:
- In the CSM Administrator main window, select the E-mail and Event Monitoring category, and then select E-mail Accounts and Settings.
- Select the Accounts page on the E-mail Options window.
- Configure an email account:
- Select Add to select the type of email account to set up (POP, IMAP, or Exchange).
- Select Edit to edit the settings for an existing account.
- Select Delete to delete an existing account.
Users might have security rights to customize global email account settings, so there are several options when deleting an email account. See Delete a Global Email Account for more information.
- Select Copy to copy the settings from an existing account, then edit the settings as necessary.
- Configure the account:
- Select Spell Check E-mail to have CSM spell check emails as a message is typed (misspelled words are underlined with red lines).
- Select Make Default Account to make the selected account the default account for sending emails. This account is used for emails sent from the Browser Client.
- Select Find Dependencies to show other CSM Items using the selected email account (example: An Email and Event Monitor).