Configure Email Monitor Behaviors
Monitor items, with their associated conditions and actions, are at the heart of Email Monitors. Monitor items determine how a Monitor behaves.
When it finds a condition that is true, it executes the defined actions. Use the Monitors page in the E-mail and Event Monitor window (accessed from the Email and Event Monitoring Manager) to:
- Add new Monitor Items.
- Edit existing Monitor Items.
- Delete existing Monitor Items.
- Copy an existing Monitor Item, and then edit the settings as necessary.
- Change the order of the Monitor Items (use the up/down arrow buttons).
The Monitors page lists two items by default:
- Skip certain items: Configure rules for eliminating emails that the Monitor should not process. See Configure Skip Item Rules for an Email Monitor.
- Default actions: Configure actions to execute if no other conditions in the list are found to be true. See Configure Default Actions for an Email Monitor.
Skip certain items is always at the top of the list, and Default is always at the bottom. Add new items between them. See Configure New Monitor Items. When adding a new item, define:
- General settings for the Monitor Item: Name, description, and type of Business Object to associate with incoming emails. See Define General Settings for E-mail Monitor Items.
- How to identify existing records: Methods that CSM uses to identify existing records to associate with incoming emails. See Define Identify Existing CSM Records Options.
- Conditions for the Monitor: The conditions that must be met before the associated actions are executed. See Define Monitor Item Condition Options.
- Actions for the Monitor: The actions to execute if specified conditions are true. See Define Monitor Item Action Options.
The order of the items in the list is important. The system steps through the list of Monitor Items in order, until it finds one where the condition is true, and then it executes the associated actions. The system does not evaluate any other Monitor Items once it finds one to execute.