Track E-mail Correspondence in Journal - Mail History Records
Journal - Mail History records are used to track email correspondence. When email is sent from within CSM, a Journal - Mail History Record is created from the email and attached to the current record and/or the Customer associated with the current record.
The record an email is attached to is based on one of these options:
- The e-mail history attachment options selected in the Email Message window.
- The default email history attachment options (if using a global email account to send the email).
Any attachments that were added to the email are also attached to records based on the default email history attachment options.
Tracking email correspondence on Business Objects requires those Business Objects to have history Relationships and an object designated specifically for Mail History. Refer to Define History Properties for a Business Object for more information.
A Journal's appearance is based on the Grid view and design. For additional information, refer to Grids.
Use the Journal - Mail History to:
- View a list of all emails linked to a particular Business Object Record.
- View the contents of each email.
- Reply to or forward emails (using the email menu).
When viewing, replying to, or forwarding an email from the Journal - Mail History, the sender and the email recipients might see a Conversation ID either in the subject line or the body (depending on the settings configured for the account). CSM uses Conversation IDs to associate emails with the appropriate records. For this reason, it is important not to delete them from emails.