Define History Properties for a Business Object
History options enable you to track historical information for a Business Object. You can define the Business Object's relationship to the History Object, which of the Group Object's members to use to track each type of history, and which field changes should be tracked.
In the supplied system, the Journal Object is used to track Business Object history.
To define history properties for a Business Object:
- In the CSM Administrator main window, select the Blueprints category and then select Create a New Blueprint.
- In the Object Manager, select a Business Object in the Object tree, and then select the Edit Business Object task in the Structure area. You can also select the Edit Business Object button on the Blueprint Editor toolbar to open the Business Object Editor.
- Select the Bus Ob Properties button.
- Select the History page.
- From the History Relationship drop-down list, select the Relationship of the primary Business Object to the History Object (example: Incident Owns Journals). If a Relationship does not already exist, you must create one. See Create/Edit a Relationship.
- Select which of the History Object's Group Members to use for each type of history:
- Manual History: Select the Business Object to use for tracking history records that are manually added by users.
- Lifecycle History: Select the Business Object to use for tracking changes to the primary Object's lifecycle. This is only applicable if the primary Object has a lifecycle. For more information, see Define Lifecycle Properties for a Business Object (legacy lifecycle method) or Open the Lifecycle Editor (recommended lifecycle method).
- Customer Request: Select the Business Object to use for tracking customer requests. This is used in the Browser Client and Portal to track requests against a record (example: Withdraw a record, close it, etc.).
- Mail History: Select the Business Object to use for tracking email correspondence. See Track E-mail Correspondence in Journal - Mail History Records.
- Queue History: Select the Business Object to use for tracking when records are added to or removed from a queue (Uses Queues must be selected on the General page).
- Knowledge History: Select the Business Object to use for associated Knowledge. If a Knowledge source is configured to transfer its contents into a Journal - History object when the Knowledge item is used, then a Journal - Knowledge History record is created.
- Change/Audit History: Select the Business Object to use for tracking change/audit logs.
- Chat History: Select the Business Object to use for tracking remote support session details. See Configure CSM Remote Support Settings.
- Select one of the following options from the Track Field Changes drop-down list:
- No Tracking: Select this option to disable field changes tracking.
- Record per Change: Select this option to have one history record created for each field that is changed.
- Combine Changes: Select this option to have one history record created for all changes made to a Business Object before it is saved.
- All Fields: Select this checkbox to track changes for all fields in the Business Object. Otherwise, tracking is done on a field-by-field basis. See Define General Properties for a Field.
- Select Display Activity Pane to enable the Activity Pane for the Business Object. See Activity Pane.
- Select Enable user mentions to enable users to mention other users in Activity Pane notes created in the Browser Client. A type-ahead list of valid users is presented after users type the @ symbol. Users must have an email address set in their CSM account.
- Select the Enable notifications checkbox to send an email message to mentioned users. The Cherwell Service Host must be configured and running before email messages can be sent.
- Select OK.
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.