Add a Format to a Field
You can add two types of formats to a field: stored formats and custom formats.
- A stored format can be reused on any field in CSM. Stored formats are managed using the Format Manager.
- A custom format is defined for use in a specific field.
To add a format to a field:
- In CSM Administrator, create a Blueprint.
- In the Object Manager, open the Business Object that contains the field.
- Edit the field.
- Select the General tab.
- Select the Format checkbox.
- Select the format to apply:
- Select the ellipsis to open the Stored Format Manager, and then select an existing format or create a Stored Format. Stored formats can be used over and over in numerous places.
- Select the Custom Format button to open the Custom Format window, and then create a format to use only for this scenario. A custom format has many of the same properties as a Stored Format, only it does not have a name or description, and is not managed through the Stored Format Manager.