Define Rich Text Settings for E-mails
Use the Rich Text options in the E-mail and Event Monitor to automatically preserve the rich content contained in incoming e-mails and attach it to Business Objects. Then, when a Business Object (example: Incident) is updated with the contents of an e-mail, any screenshots contained in the e-mail will also be included and attached to the Object.
To define Rich Text settings for e-mails:
- Open the E-mail and Event Monitoring Manager.
- Select an E-mail Monitor, and then click the Edit button.
The E-mail Event Monitor window opens.
- Click the Monitors page.
- Select an item from the list (example: Update Existing Incident), and then click Edit.
The E-mail Event Monitor - Condition and Action page opens.
- Click the Actions page.
- Define Rich Text options for monitored e-mails:
- Preserve Inline Images Within E-mail Body: Select this check box to preserve any images within the body of incoming e-mails with the text of the e-mail. Clear this check box to remove images from the body of incoming e-mails.
- Attach Inline Images to <Business Object (example: Incident)>: Select this check box to attach any images within the body of incoming e-mails to the selected Business Object. Clear this check box to attach only the text of incoming e-mails to the selected Business Object.
- Click Close.
The Outlook Integration also supports Rich Text Fields and imports Rich Text found in the body of an e-mail into a Rich Text-enabled Field in CSM. It does not require any special configuration to use Rich Text.