Import LDAP Data into Business Objects
The LDAP Import Wizard assists with importing LDAP data into CSM. Before importing data, create a Business Object to import the data into, and then complete importing customers using the Customer-Internal Business Object. The Scheduler can be used to import LDAP data at scheduled times.
Due to read-only settings, you may need to assign a new value to the Exempt User from Read Only AD Import Stored Value (under the Blueprint folder). You must enter the full name for the User account under which the import runs or the import may fail. The read-only settings are related to how your content is configured, so this may not apply to your customizations.
To import LDAP data into Business Objects:
The Wizard and page names depend on the Directory Service selected on the General page.
- In the CSM Administrator main window, select the Database category, and then the Import from Active Directory task (or other directory service) to open the Import Wizard.
- Select Next.
- Select the Directory Service that was configured to import Active Directory Users/Customers in the Customer - Internal Business Object.
- Select Next.
- On the Select Business Object page, select the Business Object that is mapped to Active Directory, and then select Next to continue.
- Import all items or only particular ones.
- Import Option: Select Import All (the Business Object selected in the previous step appears next) or select Choose items to import.
- Existing items: Select Update existing items, and then select the key in the drop-down list. If any existing items should be refreshed, select Do not update existing items.
- If CSM data should not be overwritten when the LDAP field is empty, select Do not overwrite CSM Service Management field when the LDAP field is empty.
- If the Import All option is selected, the filter page opens.
- Start Import at: Shows where CSM searches to import Active Directory Users.
- Additional Filters on Customer-Internal: Applies filters to filter out the records returned. The example uses two filters:
- ObjectCategory=Person: Ensures that computers are not included along with people in the records returned.
- User accounts that are not disabled: Ensures that disabled User accounts are not included in the records returned.
- Select Add to set up additional filters or Delete to delete filters.
- If the Choose items to import option is selected, the Select Active Directory Data page opens. To view items, either leave the Starts with text field empty or enter a few characters to narrow the search.
- Select Search.
- Select Customer-Internal items.
- Select Finish to complete the import.
In CSM Administrator, select Scheduling > Edit Schedule to open the Scheduler and import Customer data consistently at a defined date and time.