Assign Users to a Security Group
You can manually add users to a Security Group. If you have SAML or LDAP configured for your system, you can map Active Directory groups to a Security Group and automatically add users to CSM from those groups.
Users can be assigned to only one Security Group at a time. When you reassign an existing user to a Security Group, you remove that user from the first Security Group. The Security Group is stored in the user's profile. You can assign a user to a Security Group when you edit a user profile or when you edit a Security Group.
To assign a user to a Security Group:
- Open the Security Group Manager.
- In the Group drop-down list, select the Security Group for which you want to define rights (example: Admin).
- Select the Users tab.
- Select Add. The Add user to security group window opens, listing the available Users (Users not already in the Security Group).
- Select the User you want to assign to the Security Group, or select New User to create a new User Profile.
- Select OK.
- Select the Move To button to move a User from the Security Group to another Security Group.
- Select the Import button to import a User from Windows or AD/LDAP.
- Select Save.