Configure Server Farms in Cherwell Server Manager
There are several ways to configure a server farm. Changes you make in Cherwell Server Manager will be saved in Overwatch, which will propagate the updates to all the servers in your server farm.
To configure a Cherwell server farm:
- On a CSM server, select Start > All Programs > Cherwell Service Management > Tools > Server Manager.
- Select the Configure button located next to the Server farm mode label.
A window opens warning you to stop the server farm before changing settings.
- Select Yes.
- Select the Enable server farm mode check box.
- Define New Redis Server options:
- In the Host box, provide the IP address for the Redis server.
- Use the up and down arrows to select the Port.
The IP address and Port appear in the Connect to list. Repeat this step to add all Redis servers.
- Provide the password for the Redis server. If there are multiple servers in a master/replica configuration, ensure all servers share the same password.
- Use the Connection Timeout setting to specify the number of seconds the system will wait for a connect operation to complete before returning a timeout message. On startup, the system evaluates the list of connections in the order they appear in the Connect to list, and then attempts to connect to the first available master. The Connection Timeout setting determines how long the system will wait for each Redis endpoint to connect before returning a timeout.
- Use the Sync Timeout setting to specify the number of seconds the system will wait for a Synchronous operation to complete before returning a timeout.
If you have a master/replica with sentinel configuration and a replica becomes a master, the Sync Timeout setting determines how many seconds will elapse before your application switches to the new master.
- Select OK.