Define System Analyzer Breakpoints
Use the Breakpoints dialog box (accessed within the System Analyzer window) to define breakpoints, which pause messages when a specific operation is found.
Good to know:
- Messaging will not pause for breakpoints unless the System Analyzer is open and running.
- During the pause, you can examine the data to determine if the application is functioning as expected, and then step operation by operation to see what is happening behind-the-scenes.
- Delete all breakpoints from the list by selecting the Delete button.
- Clear all breakpoints by selecting the Clear button.
- Select all breakpoints by selecting the Select button.
- If a breakpoint is cleared, the System Analyzer will not stop when the breakpoint is encountered during a process. This allows you to save commonly used breakpoints in the Breakpoints dialog for later use.
To define a System Analyzer breakpoint:
- Open the System Analyzer in the CSM Desktop Client (Help > System Analyzer).
- Select the Breakpoints button.
The Breakpoints dialog box opens.
- Select Add.
The Edit Breakpoint dialog box opens.
- Define the breakpoint.
- From the Category drop-down list, select a category (example: Business Object). To search all categories for the breakpoint, select (Any).
- In the Look for box, specify text (example: Name, ID, or any other text) to serve as the breakpoint (example: ServiceID).
- Select OK.
- Select OK.