Track Portal Use With Google Analytics
You can use Google Analytics to track user selections, such as mouse clicks and taps, in the CSM Portal.
For example, you can track:
- User logins
- Portal site usage
- Dashboard usage
- Service Catalog, including categories and services, usage
- Searches (from the toolbar Quick Search only)
- Action link clicks from the home page
User information, search criteria, and other data entered by users is not tracked.
Configuring Google Analytics for the CSM Portal
- You must have a Google Analytics account and access to the tracking ID for that account. For details, visit the Google Analytics site.
CSM supports tracking numbers in both the legacy format: UA-XXXXXX-X and the latest Google Analytics v4 format of: G-XXXXXXX. Google deprecated Universal Analytics on July 1, 2023.
- A basic understanding of Google Analytics and how it tracks and reports site usage will help you analyze CSM tracking data. Free training videos are available from Google.
To configure Google Analytics for CSM:
- In the CSM Administrator main window, select the Settings category, and then select the Edit System Settings task.
- Select the Advanced page.
- Select the Google Analytics version you want to use (Universal Analytics or Google Analytics 4) and provide your Tracking ID to enable the tracking of data for your CSM Portal sites.
Be sure to enter your tracking ID exactly as it is provided by Google Analytics.
- Select OK.