The Insight connector gathers data about software and hardware invoices from Insight.
- Serial number
- Shipping tracking number
- Shipping company
- Shipping country, city, state/province, address, and postal code
- Shipping date
- Price and associated currency
- Order number and date
- Invoice number and date
- Asset tag
- Transaction ID
An Insight connector has the following options:
- Connector name: A name for the connector.
- Connector server name: The name of the connector server that this connector is associated with. Each connector can only be associated with one connector server. If you added the connector to a specific connector server, this field may be populated for you. Otherwise, you can select the connector server from the list.
- Client ID, Client key, and Client secret. The credentials to access Insight's API. Contact Insight to obtain the appropriate credentials.
- Inventory status. The connector only imports invoices with the associated status or statuses.
- Repeats: How often the connector should gather data.
- Start time: The time of day the connector should start running. To minimize the impact on your network and applications, we recommend that connectors generally run at night or on weekends.
- Active: Whether the connector is active or not. While the connector is active, it runs according to the schedule you create. If you clear the check box, the connector is inactive and will not gather data until the check box is enabled again and the connector is saved.
For details on configuring or using connectors, see Setting up connectors.