This is a cloud connector.
The OneLogin connector gathers data about users from the OneLogin Trusted Experience Platform.
What data is imported?
- User's full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- User's manager's contact information
- Profile information
- Last logon
- Account status, invitation date, created date, activation date
- Invalid login attempts
A OneLogin connector has the following options:
- Connector name: A name for the connector.
- Connector server name: For cloud connectors, this server is the Cloud option on the Connector Servers page. If you already added the connector to the Cloud option, this field will be populated for you. Otherwise, select Cloud from the list.
- Domain name: The domain of the account.
- Client ID: The client ID to authenticate with your instance of OneLogin. For information about obtaining this key, see Working with API Credentials in the OneLogin documentation.
- Client secret: The secret associated with your client ID.
- User status: The types of users to import. If a user's status changes to a type that isn't selected, they will be removed the next time the connector runs.
- Repeats: How often the connector should gather data.
- Start time: The time of day the connector should start running. To minimize the impact on your network and applications, we recommend that connectors generally run at night or on weekends.
- Active: Whether the connector is active or not. While the connector is active, it runs according to the schedule you create. If you clear the check box, the connector is inactive and will not gather data until the check box is enabled again and the connector is saved.
For details on configuring or using connectors, see Setting up connectors.