This is a cloud connector.
The Salesforce connector gathers data about users from Salesforce.
For information about what data is imported and how it is mapped, see Mapping (below).
A Salesforce connector has the following options:
- Connector name: A name for the connector.
- Connector server name: For cloud connectors, this server is the Cloud option on the Connector Servers page. If you already added the connector to the Cloud option, this field will be populated for you. Otherwise, select Cloud from the list.
- Salesforce URL: The URL used to access your instance of Salesforce.
- Consumer key: Create a connected app in Salesforce and then provide the consumer key and consumer secret associated with it. For more information about creating a connected app, see the Salesforce documentation.
- Consumer secret: The secret associated with the consumer key.
- Username and Password: Credentials to access Salesforce.
- Security token: A security token associated with the username and password that allows access to the Salesforce server when a request comes from outside your company's specified IP address range. For information on generating or resetting a security token, see the Salesforce documentation.
- User status: Select the status types for the user records you want to import. If a user is not imported when the connector runs and it was previously imported, that user will be removed from Neurons.
- Repeats: How often the connector should gather data.
- Start time: The time of day the connector should start running. To minimize the impact on your network and applications, we recommend that connectors generally run at night or on weekends.
- Active: Whether the connector is active or not. While the connector is active, it runs according to the schedule you create. If you clear the check box, the connector is inactive and will not gather data until the check box is enabled again and the connector is saved.
For details on configuring or using connectors, see Setting up connectors.
The data that this connector imports is mapped to target attributes in the Neurons Platform database.
- Employee number
- Email address
- Division, department, and company
- User type
- User role information
- User preferences
- User permissions
- Active/inactive status
- Login history data, including status, time, and source IP address
- Phone number, fax number, and mobile phone number
- Address, city, state, country
- Signature and sender name and email
- Created date, and the ID of the creator
- Out of office message
- Email encoding
- If the user receives emails from Salesforce
- The URLs for photos associated with the user, and if their profile photo is active
- Profile ID and individual ID
- Call center ID
- Manager ID
- Delegated approver
- Timestamps for last viewed, last referenced, last password change, last login, last modified
- ID for last profile modifier
- User license data
- Information about the device the user accesses Salesforce with
- If the user is a forecast manager
- Federation identifier
- Digest frequency setting
- ID of an associated contact
- Community nickname
- Badge text
- URL associated with the user record
- About Me information
For an overview of how the data imported by this connector is mapped to the Neurons target attributes, please download the CSV file using the button below.
For an overview of the Neurons target attributes per data type and the connector source attributes that are mapped to them, see Connector data mapping.