Use an Ivanti Cloud agent to collect device data directly from devices rather than through a connector. You can also get answers about devices with installed agents in real time. For example, on the Real-Time Intelligence page, choose from the list of questions about your devices, and the devices will respond in real time.
The Cloud agent requires:
- One of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- macOS (3 most recent major versions)
- .NET 4.7.2 (on a Windows OS only)
- Communication between the agent and Ivanti Cloud using HTTPS over port 443
If you have firewalls that prevent communication between Ivanti Cloud and a Cloud agent, create a firewall exception for *.ivanticloud.com.
You cannot install an agent on a device that has the Cloud connector server utility.
To install a Cloud agent
- Click Configuration > Agent Management in the left navigation pane.
- Choose which type of devices you want to install the agent on, and select the tab for either the Interactive or Silent installation method.
- Click the Download button.
- Follow the instructions on the page to install the agent on devices.
After the agent has been installed and shows up on the Devices page, you can view the device details, or ask questions on the Real-Time Intelligence page.
For details on how to use Ivanti Endpoint Manager to distribute the Ivanti Cloud agent, see How to deploy an Ivanti Cloud agent using Endpoint Manager.
To uninstall a Cloud agent
For details about uninstalling a Cloud agent on a Windows device, see this article in the Community: How to uninstall the Ivanti Cloud Agent.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.