Use an Ivanti Cloud agent to collect device data directly from devices rather than through a connector.
The Cloud agent has an agent framework that manages components, engines that perform specific tasks, and sensors that gather real-time data. The engines and sensors often require privileged access to perform their work, so they generally run as LocalSystem. For example, if you use the Cloud agent to execute a PowerShell script, the automation engine runs the script as LocalSystem.
The Cloud agent requires:
- One of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- macOS (3 most recent major versions)
- .NET 4.7.2 (on a Windows OS only)
- Communication between the agent and Ivanti Cloud using HTTPS over port 443
If you have firewalls that prevent communication between Ivanti Cloud and a Cloud agent, create a firewall exception for *.ivanticloud.com. For more information about URL and IP address usage, see the article in the Community: Ivanti Cloud URL and IP White List.
You cannot install an agent on a device that has the Cloud connector server utility.
To install a Cloud agent
- Click Setup > Agent Management in the left navigation pane.
- Choose which type of devices you want to install the agent on, and select the tab for either the Interactive or Silent installation method.
- Click the Download button.
- Follow the instructions on the page to install the agent on devices.
After the agent has been installed and shows up on the Devices page, you can view the device details, or ask questions on the Real-Time Intelligence page.
For details on how to use Ivanti Endpoint Manager to distribute the Ivanti Cloud agent, see How to deploy an Ivanti Cloud agent using Endpoint Manager.
To uninstall a Cloud agent
For details about uninstalling a Cloud agent on a Windows device, see this article in the Community: How to uninstall the Ivanti Cloud Agent.