Patch for Intune
Some features of Patch Intelligence are also available with your Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune license. For example, you can use the information on the All Patches tab of Patch Intelligence to gain insight into the risk and reliability ratings for each patch. To access Ivanti Neurons for Patch Intelligence, within the Ivanti Neurons platform navigate to Patch Management > Patch Intelligence.
Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune is a cloud-based solution that extends Microsoft Intune implementations to include third-party product management capabilities. You can publish a number of third-party products to the Intune Console, including: 7-Zip, Adobe Acrobat, Slack, Zoom Client, and more.
Select the desired products in the table and then publish them to Microsoft Intune. The normal Intune processes are then used to deploy the products to endpoints. Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune continually monitors the Ivanti Supported Products Catalog for new versions of your managed and unmanaged products. If a new version of a managed product becomes available, you can choose to be prompted for approval or have the new version automatically published without user interaction.
For security reasons, to access some of the features of Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune you need to authenticate using your Azure credentials when prompted. The frequency of this requirement depends on the configuration of your environment.
When you first start Patch for Intune, or whenever new configuration settings are required, a configuration wizard appears to help you to get started.
About the Ivanti Supported Products Catalog
You can find the Ivanti Supported Products Catalog in the Ivanti web site (opens in a new tab).
You cannot expand or edit the Ivanti product catalog. If you want to add or edit products from within Intune, go to https://endpoint.microsoft.com and use the Apps section. Products added from the Intune Console are not managed or updated by Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune.
To receive email notifications when updates are available in the product catalog, go to the Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune community page. Subscribe using Join Group and select the frequency of notifications.
The following are required to use Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune:
- An Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune license
- A valid Microsoft Intune environment
- A web browser
- At least one of the following roles: Application Manager (Intune), Intune administrator (Azure AD), or Global administrator (Azure AD). For distributing the Ivanti Code Signing Certificate, you also need the Policy and Profile manager role in Intune.
- For the best results when distributing applications, you also need to distribute the Ivanti Code Signing Certificate as described below.
To distribute the Ivanti Code Signing Certificate:
- In Ivanti Neurons Platform, under Admin, click Patch for Intune Settings.
The Patch for Intune Settings page appears. The Certificate Distribution section reports the current status of your Ivanti certificate, if it was distributed using Ivanti Neurons Patch for Intune.
- If the latest Ivanti certificate is distributed to Intune, you can Check Again.
If you have an old Ivanti certificate distributed, or no Ivanti certificate distributed, click Distribute.
The Distribute Certificate dialog appears, showing details of the certificate that will be distributed.
- Select Assign to all devices or in the Select groups box select the groups whose associated devices you want to distribute the certificate to.
- Click Distribute.
The certificate is distributed as configured.