Upgrade the Transaction Engine
Before proceeding with the upgrade, make sure to add the account of the target device to the Active Directory security group that has db_owner rights to the Datastore.
After the upgrade, you can remove this account from the security group again.
- Run the Ivanti Identity Director Installer.
- When prompted, choose Select and install components and click Next.
- In the Features section, select Transaction Engine.
If you installed other components on the same device, also select those. Components will be installed in the order in which they are displayed in the Features section.
- Start the upgrade and follow the Setup Wizard.
- The screen that displays the connection details also includes the Encryption Key field. This encryption key is necessary if you want to use the Execute PowerShell Script workflow action. If you do not set the encryption key during the upgrade, you can do this later.
- When you first generate the encryption key, make sure you store it in a easily-accessible location for future use.
- To verify if an encryption key has already been configured for a Transaction Engine, look in the Windows Registry, at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RES\ITStore\Transaction Engine\DBEncryptionKey.
- Make sure you use the same encryption key for all Transaction Engines and Management Portals in your Identity Director environment.
Visible values for the encryption keys of Transaction Engines and Management Portals may be different, even if the actual encryption keys are identical.
For more information about the Execute PowerShell Script workflow action and setting the encryption key after upgrading, see Execute PowerShell Script.
- Repeat this process on all devices on which you installed a Transaction Engine.